Monday, January 31, 2011

HOLEE

Snaaaaap O8

Morgan Brewer, first in her division (15-18 age) at the Fort Worth Stock Show Art Competition? Really?
Yes really! WOO~gosh. 2,000 dollar scholarship, too! I am a happy camper today! You should be lucky I waited a day to post this, else it would have been a steady stream of caplocked 'wooo-hoos' and other nonsense. I have calmed down, but I am still so happy.
Mostly because I've been entering this contest for 8 years now. And I finally win big! I had a 'thankyou' speech planned for when they called my name, but they wouldn't let me near the microphone. ;P So I'll give it to y'all.

I want to thank my grandmother, first. Who put me through art lessons starting from when I was 8. When it boils down to it, she's the reason I've won this. I also want to thank my art teacher, who is such an amazing traditional artist, she still blows my stuff out of the water <3. I also want to thank my father, who named the piece.

But yes! I'll be getting pics up asap, as soon as I can get my grubby little hands on the camera! The article will be in the Superbowl Sunday edition of the Star-Telegram and all the other winners will be displayed on the website as well! Have a look at the grand prize winner, her piece was lovely.

Star-Telegram: http://www.star-telegram.com/

lookit!

No comments:

Post a Comment